Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
This summer internship will begin on May 24, 2021 and will support the assigned actuarial group with related projects and tasks. The internship is in Indianapolis, IN at Anthem’s headquarters with housing provided at no cost to the intern but supports longer term full time hiring opportunities in various office locations in GA, IN, KY, MO, OH, VA, and WI. There may be select opportunities in other Anthem states based on local business hiring needs.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
· Assist the actuarial team to collect and refine actuarial data.
· Analyze, develop and validate statistical models and data.
· Update pricing, valuation and forecasting models.
· Conduct internet research for competitive analysis.
· Prepare documents for audits as necessary.
Other criteria for selection include:
· Preferred majors include Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other related degree.
· Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills required.
· Previous internship preferred, but not required.
· Experience required in the use of MS applications, including Word, Excel and Access.
· Demonstrated teamwork and leadership ability as evidenced in extra-curricular activities a plus
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran