DIRECTOR FOR DATA AND INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY
(Reports to the Superintendent of Schools)
The Director for Data and Instructional Technology provides leadership and coordination of technology services. The director will assist the central office administrators, as well as instructional staff in implementing and providing technological resources to improve instruction.
The twelve-month cabinet level position reports to the Superintendent of Schools. SDA/SDL certification required. Successful experience as a central office and/or building level administrator preferred. Must possess effective communication and management skills, a strong work ethic, and be able to provide expert leadership in the following areas:
- Chief Information Officer, and Privacy Officer serves as the District’s liaison to the State Education Department and the Regional Information Center in matters pertaining to data, assessments, state reporting, and instructional technology.
- The implementation and maintenance of databases for collecting, organizing, analyzing, and reporting disaggregated data as required by local, state, and federal regulations and/or programs.
- Oversight of the District’s network, hardware, software, and other resources.
- Integration of technology-based resources with curricular and academic programs.
- The acquisition of grants and other sources of funding for programs and projects, which support the District’s instructional technology needs and requirements.