American Museum Of Natural History
Senior Development Assistant
The American Museum of Natural History seeks a motivated and capable Senior Development Assistant to play an integral role in assisting the Museum’s advancement efforts. Reporting to the Vice President for Development and Membership, the Senior Development Assistant will provide high-level administrative, organizational, and operational support to the Vice President and team. This role provides an overview of all operations of a large fundraising office and is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter who can set priorities, meet deadlines, and work with diligence, accuracy, and attention to detail.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Serve as primary support person for the Vice President. Manage calendar, schedule internal and external meetings, manage meeting agendas, draft and edit correspondence and memoranda, answer phone calls, prepare expense reports, order supplies. Provide administrative support to Directors of Major Gifts.
• Plan and coordinate site visits, tours and meetings with high-level donors to support the Vice President’s and Directors’ fundraising efforts. Prepare meeting briefings, itineraries, and presentations. Liaise with Museum staff, curators, volunteers, facilities, A/V and catering to graciously host VIP guests.
• Maintain current and accurate records in Raiser’s Edge database. Enter data and contact reports, produce lists and reports, update proposals to help maintain accurate gift projections, and update portfolio information to assist in the moves management process.
• Provide administrative support for two advisory committees. Prepare meeting materials for each group’s biannual meetings, communicate with members, and assist with fall and spring fundraising appeals.
• Serve as an effective liaison between the Vice President and those within and outside of the Museum, including senior Museum staff and donors. Provide support for departmental activities.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 2 years of professional work experience.
• Fluent in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to quickly adapt to, plan for, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced setting.
• Motivation to take ownership of assigned projects and to complete tasks with meticulousness
• Ability to exercise impeccable judgment, and to work with discretion and tact with confidential and/or sensitive information.
• Exceptional attention to detail, particularly in written communications.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends for development events and donor visits.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/1655461
The American Museum of Natural History is one of the world’s preeminent scientific and cultural institutions. Since its founding in 1869, the Museum has advanced its global mission to discover, interpret and disseminate information about human cultures, the natural world and the universe through a wide-ranging program of scientific research, education and exhibition. The Museum is renowned for its exhibitions and scientific collections, which serve as a field guide to the entire planet and present a panorama of the world’s cultures.
The American Museum of Natural History is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Museum does not discriminate with respect to employment, or admission or access to Museum facilities, programs or activities on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, current or former participation in the uniformed services, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin, or on account of any other basis prohibited by applicable City, State, or Federal law.
If special accommodations are needed in applying for a position, please call the Office of Human Resources.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.