American Museum Of Natural History
The American Museum of Natural History, one of the largest natural history museums in the world, has an immediate opening for a Senior Accountant who will play a key role in the financial accounting process and bring immediate value to the Finance reporting team. The museum is a complex, hybrid organization – a research institution, an educational organization as well as a major tourist destination. It is currently celebrating 150 years of inspiring the scientist in everyone. In addition, the museum is also embarking on a major capital project, the Gilder Center for Science, Education, and Innovation. The Senior Accountant will have exposure to all levels of management while working alongside the Controller, and Associate Controller, Budget Director as well as interacting with the Chief Investment Officer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Assist with the monthly closing process.
– Prepare and record journal entries.
– Perform reconciliations and account analysis.
– Prepare year-end audit support schedule and provide other support for annual external audit.
– Develop and maintain special projects as needed.
– Areas of focus will include, but not limited to, accounting for plant and capital, temporary exhibitions and business development, corporate travel, investment accounting, debt financing modeling, project cashflows forecasting.
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 3-5 years of related experience.
– Strong data analytical and quantitative skills.
– Ability to research, simplify and resolve complex issues.
– Excellent technical skills in navigating multiple data sources and transaction systems, downloading and analyzing data.
– Strong communications skills, proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels.
– Demonstrated effective organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize, multi task and meet deadlines.
– Confidence working independently while actively seeking guidance when necessary.
– Strong working knowledge of US GAAP.
– Perform technical accounting research and assist in creation of supporting documentation for implementation of new, relevant FASBs.
– Experience in private equity and hedge fund investment accounting a plus.
The American Museum of Natural History is one of the world’s preeminent scientific and cultural institutions. Since its founding in 1869, the Museum has advanced its global mission to discover, interpret and disseminate information about human cultures, the natural world and the universe through a wide-ranging program of scientific research, education and exhibition. The Museum is renowned for its exhibitions and scientific collections, which serve as a field guide to the entire planet and present a panorama of the world’s cultures.
The American Museum of Natural History is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Museum does not discriminate with respect to employment, or admission or access to Museum facilities, programs or activities on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, current or former participation in the uniformed services, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin, or on account of any other basis prohibited by applicable City, State, or Federal law.
If special accommodations are needed in applying for a position, please call the Office of Human Resources.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.