About the Role
The Project Specialist’s primary responsibility facilitating the timeline, development and production of scientific and technical content via volunteer project teams and subject matter experts (SMEs). It requires the ability to act as a liaison for technical project teams, create and manage project schedules, and excellent organizational and communicational skills. This position will report to the Senior Project Manager, Technical Initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
– Program Management (approximately 75% of time)
o Actively manage and interface with volunteer subject matter experts (SMEs) and SME project teams working on technical initiatives.
o Manage calls/meetings with external project leaders, contributors, and the publisher.
o Serve as the day-to-day staff liaison for the assigned program areas and provide administrative support to volunteer groups.
o Assist in the development and management of production project plans and timelines.
o Maintain and manage technical initiative related website pages.
o Maintain the Total Worker/Exposure Health resource repository.
o Assist with special projects, as needed.
– Content Management (approximately 25% of time)
o Review content to ensure consistency throughout manuals and documents and with previous volumes.
o Assist in the content review process while collaborating with Marketing and Communication team.
o Identify opportunities to improve or streamline processes and implement changes where appropriate.
Education & Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in in a STEM area. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
o At least 1 – 2 years’ experience leading project teams of volunteer and/or contracted technical (STEM) subject matter experts.
o Experience using online collaboration tools, such as Adobe Connect and document management platforms, such as SharePoint, for product or content development projects.
o At least 1 year of work or volunteer experience in a professional membership organization or association.
o Proven ability in using and applying sound project management techniques in managing development projects.
o 1 – 3 years’ work or volunteer experience with an industrial hygiene, occupational safety, or STEM-focused organization or professional membership association.
o PMP Certification
o Smartsheet certified or possess familiarity with related software
To Truly Excel, You Will Have:
– A big picture thinker who is also is a “doer”
– A focus on keeping projects and people organized and moving towards a common goal/deadline while also maintaining standards and best practices
– Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
– Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, follow-through, and the ability to multi-task
– Experience leading project teams
– Be a quick learner who isn’t afraid of technology
– Be able to work independently, manage groups of volunteers and co-workers, and establish/meet deadlines
Attendance at our annual conference may be anticipated.
AIHA offers comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits partially funded by the organization. We also offer a 401(k) match, FSA, Life & AD&D, STD, LTD, flexible scheduling, telecommute options, and paid: holiday, personal, sick, and vacation leave. AIHA believes in developing our employees so we provide professional development opportunities (internally and externally) and tuition reimbursement.