In this role, you will assist the HR Department with a wide variety of administrative and recruitment tasks. Examples of daily responsibilities include filing physical and electronic files into the HR system, collecting and cleaning up data reports, reaching out to candidates and scheduling interviews, and other miscellaneous administrative work as needed. This position will report up to our HR Director, but will also assist our HR Generalist and HR Coordinator with paperwork and recruitment as needed.
Allied Wire & Cable (AWC) operates on a Monday through Friday schedule, and this role allows for flexible hours anytime between 8 am and 6:30 pm (minimum of 3 hours worked per day). This role is a fantastic fit for those who like to keep busy and tackle multiple tasks at once while also building solid professional relationships! AWC offers a fun, family owned atmosphere with opportunities to be a part of its growth process, community events, and employee engagement.
What You’ll Do:
- Filing paperwork both physically and electronically
- Prepare and maintain employee files, ensure accuracy and integrity of information
- Communicates professionally with outside vendors such as staffing agencies
- Plan, coordinates and schedules phone and in-person interviews
- Assist with company sponsored events
- Process the company birthday card program
- Processing reports and cleaning up data in said reports
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Bring:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: High School diploma; One – two years related experience and/or training
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer skills. All training will be provided on site.
Why Work at Allied?
Allied Wire and Cable (AWC) is an ISO 9001:2016 and AS9100 certified stocking distributor and specialty manufacturer of electrical wire, electronic cable, heat-shrink tubing, and wire management products in the USA. AWC offers custom cable design and manufacturing, and value-added services that meet the unique needs of its customers, including custom-lengths, cut and strip, custom labels, striping, printing, and more. Over the years, the AWC family has expanded thanks to the dedication and industry knowledge of its employees. The company has been able to enjoy unprecedented growth, with the very same owners at the helm. AWC has also been recognized by the Inc. 5000 and Philadelphia 100 as one of the “Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies”, and consistently ranks on Electrical Wholesaling’s “Top 200 Distributors” list.
Allied Wire & Cable provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type regarding race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.