The Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is pleased to announce the 2021 Premier College Intern Program (PCIP). Students in their JUNIOR year or graduating between Dec 2021 – May 2023 and enrolled in a full-time 4-year accredited baccalaureate program are able to apply for a PAID AFCS Internship lasting 10-12 weeks during the Summer 2021 session. (Actual start & end dates may vary)
SALARY: $14.54 – $20.15 Per Hour (Pay will differ based on occupational series and degree level)
*GRADUATE STUDENTS: If you are currently enrolled in a Master’s level program, and can prove via your Degree Plan that you will have at least 1-year of your program completed by May 2021 and a graduation date no earlier than Dec 2021, you may apply also.
PCIP focuses on individuals who may consider a dynamic career with the Air Force Civilian Services (AFCS) in a variety of career fields by gaining real-world experience. You will be given the opportunity to gain valuable knowledge, skills, and insight needed to start a successful career with AFCS. You will work on special projects under the mentorship of subject matter experts (SMEs). Interns work directly with SMEs in career fields that align with the intern’s academic major and/or area of interest.
Upon graduation and satisfactory program completion, a Premier College Intern may be selected and offered a full-time job in one of AFCS’s developmental programs.
Seeking MAJORS in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, and Data Analytics/Mathematics. Interns will also experience a 3-day symposium to introduce them to AFCS, networking, and training.
- At the end of the summer internship, if the candidate is a good fit for Federal employment and performed satisfactorily, they may be selected for a full-time developmental position upon graduation. However, they will still be required to meet, or be able to meet, all eligibility requirements of the developmental program.
NOTE: There may be additional conditions and/or requirements as determined by the position being filled.
- Must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited public or other non-profit college or university
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Must meet federal employment suitability
- Males must be registered for Selective Service (www.sss.gov)
- Pursuing a Baccalaureate Degree in an approved full-time program
- In good academic standing with a minimum 2.95 CUM GPA
- Must sign a Participant Agreement
*Due to interview scheduling needs, please apply by Mar 13, 2021 for Priority Consideration.
LOCATIONS: The official public notice lists various locations, and this announcement lists Randolph Air Force Base, San Antonio, TX as a placeholder since this is AFCS’s Air Force Personnel Headquarters announcment.
*Please read the announcement carefully and provide all required documentation when applying. Some locations are (not all inclusive): CA, DC, FL, IL, NB, MD, OH, TX, and VA.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The official PCIP Public Notice states that the Closeout is Mar 10, 2021; however, this date exists to help AFCS fill any vacancies we still have by March 2021. If you want to compete and be a priority consideration for one of these internships, please apply before Mar 13, 2021.
Interested in other AFCS internships, jobs or hiring events? Register at https://afciviliancareers.com to start receiving notifications of future internships and job announcements and hiring event