Ensuring human comfort, productivity, and safety while practicing environmental stewardship is the mission of the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI). Through our certification program, standards, advocacy, and other activities, we strive to help save energy, improve productivity, and ensure a better environment.
AHRI has an opening for a Data Scientist with our Certification Team. Reporting to the Director of HVAC Data Analytics, the Data Scientist’s primary responsibilities are the development and production of data analytics and predictive models for the certification programs. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performing in-depth data analysis to generate modeling plans meeting business needs.
- Performing an adequate data preparation to control model performance and accuracy in predictions.
- Developing statistical and mathematical models based on computational algorithms to perform inference, comparison, and prediction of product performances.
- Creating data visualizations that can support decisions in certification program related activities.
- Working with a team of subject matter experts (SMEs) and IT services to participate in a product life-cycle process consisting of development, test, launch and deploy, maintenance, upgrade, etc.
- Providing technical support on various committee and working group meetings that oversee or support AHRI’s data analytics services.
- BA/BS degree (MS preferred) in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or Engineering with a strong emphasis on statistical programming.
- At least two-years of professional experience in the data analytics, machine learning modeling or quantitative modeling.
- Practical knowledge and experience in applied statistics (e.g., Bayesian Methods of Probabilistic Programming in a scale).
- Experience in developing advanced predictive or generative models on unstructured complex real-world data sets that have noises and errors inherently.
- Work experience relevant to consumer product industry including, Heating, Ventilating, and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) is a plus.
- Proven hands-on skills in either of programming languages: python, R, Scala, Julia, etc. with a focus on in-depth data analysis, data manipulation (ETL), modeling, and testing by using open-source tools/packages.
- Professional experience in Machine Learning Model assessments and evaluations with open-source tools.
- Hands-on skills in database (SQL and no-SQLs) or data APIs (REST and GraphQL) are required.
- Familiarity with both MS-Windows and Linux environment for development and test.
AHRI offers a competitive salary and a full benefits package including employer contributions to 401(k) and Roth(k) plans in a friendly work environment. The salary range for this position is $100,000- $117,500 based on relevant industry experience.
AHRI is actively recruiting during COVID-19. We are currently teleworking until further notice.
AHRI does not discriminate and will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, military service, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, handicap, or disability as those terms are defined under applicable law in its selection, recruitment, or employment practices.
This position does not offer employment-based visa sponsorship and/or assistance to include H1B, F1-OPT, or F1-CPT visas.
To apply for this position, please visit our website. If you require assistance with completing the application process, please call 703-293-4868.