Doctor Sonrisas project is focused on children who suffer from some types of cognitive or physical nonsense and for whom we look to provide social support through recreational activities. The volunteer will help fight the difficulties of the children and ensure that they can improve their quality of life during their treatment stage.
Specific details can be found below:
- Provide integral support to the patients and their family during various stages, supporting them psychologically and emotionally.
- Provide support to the health professionals of the institution where the project is executed.
- Strategize the educational development of young people and children with disabilities, chronic or terminal illnesses through workshops and various activities.
- Raise population’s awareness about the importance of prevention to detect silent diseases early (cancer, VHI, diabetes, etc.)
- Promote respect and education equality and help children build their self-esteem in a safe environment.