As a Project Manager on the Ad Astra Translation team, you have a demonstrated experience in both linguistic and technical aspects of Translation, Transcription, and Localization. You will work in a fast-paced work environment, autonomously, and manage an extensive to-do list. You need to enjoy planning, scheduling and setting expectations with a variety of stakeholders across the company. You are curious and always seek optimization opportunities to help iRobot achieve its global business objectives.
We are looking for a dedicated Project Manager with ability to:
· simplify complex tasks
· coordinate multiple schedules
· manage across cultures, time zones, and specializations
The Translation Project Manager will be a self-starter who can lead with vision, manage resources effectively, and is ready to build a legacy within Ad Astra. The perfect candidate will aspire to grow with a department that is admired by our competitors, valued by our clients, appreciated by our translators, and respected in the community.
· Manage the entire life-cycle of all translation projects assigned to you.
· Coordinate with vendors, linguists, and LSPs to provide a 100% on time delivery
· Manage multiple projects at a time with varying requirements, due dates, and client specifications.
· Organize and prioritize daily workflow to ensure that all deadlines are met, and all company sale and quality goals are met.
· Establish and maintain relationships with translators, proofreaders, DTP experts, and other support staff.
· Provide quotes to clients to ensure profitability and maintain relationships with our existing clients.
· Participate and contribute to all continuous improvement efforts that include daily and weekly team and leadership meetings and company circle time
· Suggest, discuss, and implement creative and innovative solutions to ensure freelance translators choose Ad Astra as their top agency choice
· Ability to work across technology platforms including CAT tools, design tools, CMS, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics, Translation, Project Management or related field
· Minimum of 3 years of client management
· Demonstrated accountability, personal integrity, organizational skills and proactive positive attitude
· Previous Language Project Management experience
· Familiarity with translation technology including but not limited MemoQ, Plunet, and other CAT Tools
· Master’s Degree in Linguistics, Translation, Project Management or related field
· Account Management experience including complaint and troubleshooting experience
Ad Astra’s excellent benefits package includes:
· Health Insurance for self and dependents – 100% paid by employer
· Dental and Vision Insurance for self and dependents – 100% paid by employer
· 20 days PTO (Paid Time Off) per year accrued quarterly
· 7 observed holidays
· Paid monthly parking pass
· 401K Plan
· Monthly parking pass
· Parental Leave
· Jury Duty Leave
· Bereavement Leave
This position is a fully remote role with the need to manage a team across time zones. This position may require limited travel, client meeting in-person, and travel to our Corporate Offices.