Salary Range $55-60K
A Wider Circle is looking for an individual with a deep passion for working with people, educating them on issues related to poverty and inequality, leading them in daily work, and encouraging them to become more engaged in the movement to end poverty.
It is a position for someone with exceptional energy and who can work each day with an understanding of the impact that this role can have on others with respect to creating change.
The work of A Wider Circle continues to grow in every way, due in large part to the tremendous support of individuals, businesses, and other groups that volunteer here. Approximately 30,000 children and adults volunteer at A Wider Circle each year. The individual in this position will work closely with our other volunteer leaders to expand our efforts and ensure that the entire community – people of all ages – can engage in meaningful and dynamic ways.
- Play a lead role in strategically planning and carrying out campaigns to advance the movement to end poverty and lead education efforts on poverty issues.
- Attend large speaking engagements, fairs, and other events to educate on poverty issues, recruit volunteers, and present our work.
- Assist in the daily management of volunteers serving with A Wider Circle.
- Work closely with individual volunteers, corporate groups, school groups, and others from the community and across the United States.
- Provide orientations and tours for individuals and groups, including speaking of our mission and the myriad aspects of our operations.
- Maintain awareness of the functioning of each of our programs, keeping a “total” organizational perspective.
- Minimum five years of professional experience, including leadership experience, community organizing/societal change efforts, and coordination of volunteers in a non-profit setting.
- A strong commitment to engaging individuals and groups in the movement to end poverty.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment, including problem-solving and handling large volumes of volunteers.
- Ability to bring a collected energy, strong leadership, and a professional demeanor to the work.
- Ability to speak articulately and with inspiration to corporations, community groups, and more.
- Superb organizational, communication, and writing skills.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
A Wider Circle is committed to having a team that is diverse and ensuring that all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender (including gender identity or expression), religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or other non-merit factors. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.