Do you enjoy writing and communications? Do you have a passion for education reform and accessibility? If so, 24/7 Teach is looking for motivated and enthusiastic candidates to serve on our Communications/Writing Team.
24/7 Teach is an Education Management And Technology organization focused on making education relevant, equitable, and accessible to all.
This role will be for applicants who share passion to write content for technology, education, and entrepreneurship. It is a 40-hour commitment per month initially and a ground-floor opportunity to help build something worthwhile.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Support all company communication, media and writing content.
- Consult with the educational team to provide creative content and inputs for pre-published book and external media articles.
- Have the opportunity to learn from cross-functional groups including: Finance, HR & Development, Business Development, Operations & Systems Design, and Digital Marketing.
- Manage the uploading, scheduling, publication, and sharing of completed content.
- Develop relationships with external media sources to provide marketing exposure for writing content.
- Build portfolio of publications which will include: articles, blogs, and book excerpts.
- Have the opportunity to contribute to other projects/functions as per interest.
- Serve as a liaison between 24/teach and external media outlets.
- Build relationships with specific partners at all levels — from interns to academic and administrative leadership
- Assist with press releases and communication as directed by the SVP of Marketing.
- Participate in Company Wide Professional Development initiatives.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Proficient use of the English language in written form.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and comfortable working and communicating remotely
- Ability to brainstorm, generate original and diverse ideas/concepts.
- Self-organized and able to manage multiple deadlines on projects.
- Strong presentation skills- to articulate and sell your work to upper management and external media outlets.
- Ability to transcribe audio clips from videos, podcasts, and other media sources.
- Bachelor’s degree or proof of current enrollment required.
- Interest in educational technologies, innovative business models, and digitization of education is a plus.
- At least 3 months of experience in communications, media writing, journalism, or marketing.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality
- Excellent communicator and writer
- Self-starter, ability to work well with others or independently
- Knowledge of Google for work suite, Microsoft office suite
- Detail-oriented person
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
Our internships are focused on education development, 21st-century skill mastery, leadership development, and analytical thinking. Additional trainings include:
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal);
- Communication research, evaluation, and design.
- Project Tracking and Administration
- Problem Solving: Ability to develop multiple solutions to the same problem and identify the failure mechanisms associated with each.
- Authorship and Book Publishing
24/7 Teach Interns are challenged to add value to projects and are encouraged to take risks, and think outside of the box. We invest in our interns by providing them with clear direction and leadership for a robust and rewarding experience. Our Interns do not serve as assistants, work on projects that directly generate revenue for the organization, and do not displace regular employees.
This is a tremendous opportunity for students to gain professional experience, improve their specific technical skill sets, and help build something that will have a great social impact.
Key value points to consider about this internship:
- The position is a remote position (No travel required)
- Offers extensive learning opportunities and certificates
- Has a flexible schedule that allows you to take advantage of other opportunities including School, other internships, and or Jobs
- Is great way to add practical experience to your resume
- You will work on real projects and not menial task
- You will have Professional Development opportunities
- When the internship is complete, you will receive a digital portfolio of your achievements, skill badges, certificates, and a Letter of Recommendation.